Scrap wood and short-wood line
At the beginning of the
process for manufacturing wood-based panels is the technology for the
professional size reduction of the different wood types. The quality of the
chips, strands, flakes, or fibers determines the quality of the panel. Anything
neglected at this stage of the process cannot be made up later on.
For this reason Siempelkamp offers the complete range of machines for the production of high-quality chips. Technological competence and intensive development work, based on market and customer requirements, result in optimal customer-specific solutions.
The scrap and short-wood line is designed for processing root pieces, slabs, edgings, panel waste pieces, windfall wood, and of course logs. With the log feed, step feeder, debarker, washing system, dosing system all the way to the highly-efficient drum chippers, the production of high-quality chips is guaranteed.
- Simple feeding of wood directly from the truck
- Robust underground bins or vibrating feeders
- Vibrating conveyor lines
- Drum chipper
- Metal sensor and roller conveyor cleaning system
- Use of almost any type of wood material
- Continuous and uniform material feed
- Safe removal and discharging of rocks, sand, and other contaminants
- High filling level and high utilization of chipper capacity