Plantation wood line
At the beginning of the
process for manufacturing wood-based panels is the technology for the
professional size reduction of the different wood types. The quality of the
chips, strands, flakes, or fibers determines the quality of the panel. Anything
neglected at this stage of the process cannot be made up later on.
For this reason Siempelkamp offers the complete range of machines for the production of high-quality chips. Technological competence and intensive development work, based on market and customer requirements, result in optimal customer-specific solutions.
The plantation wood line is designed for processing uniform wooden logs grown in plantations. These logs have lengths between 3 and 8 meters and diameters between 100 and 450 mm: With the log feed, dosing step conveyor, debarker, washing system, dosing system all the way to the highly-efficient disc and drum chippers as well as the mills for the preparation of bark, the production of high-quality chips is guaranteed.
- Feeding of wood by means of handling cranes or loading vehicles
- Robust chain cross conveyors for the direct feed of logs
- Dosing step conveyor for absolutely consistent volumes
- Metal sensor and roller conveyor cleaning system
- Depending on the debarking demand, use of drum or rotor debarker
- Disk or drum chipper
- Robust, highly controllable wood feed
- Debarker adapted to the debarking demand
- Minimal fine material content
- High filling level and high utilization of chipper capacity
- High operational safety