At the beginning of the
process for manufacturing wood-based panels is the technology for the
professional size reduction of the different wood types. The quality of the
chips, strands, flakes, or fibers determines the quality of the panel. Anything
neglected at this stage of the process cannot be made up later on.
For this reason Siempelkamp offers the complete range of machines for the production of high-quality chips. Technological competence and intensive development work, based on market and customer requirements, result in optimal customer-specific solutions.
The long-wood line is designed for processing logs with lengths between 3 and 8 meters and diameters between 50 and 850 mm: With the log feed, step feeder, debarker, washing system, dosing system all the way to the highly-efficient disc chippers, the production of high-quality chips is guaranteed.
- Feeding of wood by means of handling cranes or loading vehicles
- Robust chain cross conveyors for the direct feed of logs
- Buffer capacity of up to 30 minutes/ 80 metric tons bone dry material
- Step feeder for absolutely consistent volumes
- Metal sensor and roller conveyor cleaning system
- Rotor debarker for effective debarking even at extremely low winter temperatures
- Robust drum chipper
- Highly controllable wood feed
- Efficient debarking
- Perfect chip quality thanks to the adjustability of the chipper rotor to the feed material mixture
- Minimal fine material content
- High filling level and high utilization of chipper capacity
- High operational safety