Line for tree-length logs
At the beginning of the
process for manufacturing wood-based panels is the technology for the
professional size reduction of the different wood types. The quality of the
chips, strands, flakes, or fibers determines the quality of the panel. Anything
neglected at this stage of the process cannot be made up later on.
For this reason Siempelkamp offers the complete range of machines for the production of high-quality chips. Technological competence and intensive development work, based on market and customer requirements, result in optimal customer-specific solutions.
The line for tree-length logs is designed for the processing of whole logs with lengths of up to 20 meters: With the log feed, debarker, washing system, dosing system all the way to the highly-efficient disc chippers, the production of high-quality chips is guaranteed.
- Feeding of the wood from the truck or storage area
- Large gantry or rotating cranes for loads of up to 30 metric tons of wood
- Extremely robust longitudinal chain conveyors or chip chutes
- Large conveying cross-sections and laterally arranged chutes
- Drum debarkers
- Chipper feeding conveyors for large throughputs
- Metal sensor and roller conveyor cleaning system
- Disc chipper
- Gentle debarking
- Minimal fine material content among chips
- High safety against jamming of logs
- High availability
- System can be adapted to predominant log lengths
- High filling level and high utilization of chipper capacity