At the beginning of the
process for manufacturing wood-based panels is the technology for the
professional size reduction of the different wood types. The quality of the
chips, strands, flakes, or fibers determines the quality of the panel. Anything
neglected at this stage of the process cannot be made up later on.
For this reason Siempelkamp offers the complete range of machines for the production of high-quality chips. Technological competence and intensive development work, based on market and customer requirements, result in optimal customer-specific solutions.
The OSB line is designed for processing logs with lengths between 3 and 4 meters and diameters between 50 and 850 mm. With the log feeder, debarker, dosing system, bundle maker all the way to the world‘s largest knife-ring flaker, the production of high-quality strands is guaranteed.
- Feeding wood by means of handling cranes or loading vehicles
- Robust chain cross conveyors for the direct feed of logs
- Buffer capacity of up to 30 minutes/ 80 metric tons bone dry material
- High-performance step feeder ensures continuous throughput through the debarker
- Rotor debarker designed to handle plant capacity
- Optimal level of debarking and minimal wood loss
- Automatic metal detection and discharge of contaminated logs
- Knife-ring flaker
- Maximum filling level of the flaker’s loading station
- Adjustability of the material flows by means of two step feeder
- Fully automatic operation of the plant
- Optimally coordinated process machines
- High degree of flaking capacity
- Consistently high quality of the strands
- Low production costs and high operational safety
- Extremely high plant availability due to minimal downtimes
- Minimal loss of wood